Students have so many things they complain about, right?
Too much homework.
Not enough money.
The list goes on and on.
When I was a student, I used to complain about everything. But one day I realized that the antidote to complaining is gratitude.
So after reading this article, I felt inspired to come up with a list of nine things that students have to be thankful for – but usually aren’t.
Here’s the list:
1. Naggy parents = People who love you unconditionally
2. Internet/phone/TV restrictions = Parents who care about your future
3. No pocket money to buy the coolest clothes = Learning the difference between wants and needs
4. Homework = Opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills
5. Early school day mornings = Getting a quality education
6. Tests and exams = Valuable feedback on your learning progress
7. Group projects = Learning collaboration and interpersonal skills
8. Difficult concepts and topics = Developing perseverance
9. Mandatory subjects you dislike = Growing in patience
It’s natural to focus on the negative things in life, rather than the positive.
But to find long-term happiness and success, we must cultivate the habit of gratitude.
I hope this article helps you to do that in a small way. 🙂
Please “like” this article and share it with your friends.
Enter your email in the box below to download the poster.
Image: Happy student