Ever feel like parenting is the toughest job in the world?
Parenting involves plenty of hard work. What’s more, there are no guarantees.
No matter how much you love your children, no matter how much time you spend with them, no matter how “perfect” of a parent you are … you can’t guarantee that your children will become successful and happy.
Nonetheless, there are many valuable life lessons you can impart to your children.
As your children learn these lessons, they’re more likely to grow up to be confident, well-adjusted, contributing members of society.
I’ve come up with this list of 50 life lessons that every parent should teach their children.
It’s taken me my whole life to learn these lessons. So I’m passionate about sharing them with my son (and future children), as well as the students I work with.
1. Success is more about contribution than it is about achievement.
2. Don’t worry too much about what other people think of you. They think about you a lot less than you imagine.
3. Focus on progress, not perfection.
4. Run your own race, not the race that other people expect you to run.
5. You cannot always choose your circumstances, but you can always choose your attitude. [Read more…]